Hello Players and Parents,
Wanting to give you information and scheduling as we head into our final week before winter break.
- Mon- PRACTICE 5~6:30
- If you have in your possession a MHS GLax numbered green/white pinnie, please bring it to practice
- Coach will have extra to distribute to those who don't have them. These pinnies will be used for Velocity and Kevo leagues, as well as tryouts.
- CLICK HERE to log your pinnie number
- Mon- VOLUNTEERING 6:30~8
- Use sign up link in GM or CLICK HERE to sign up for help.
- It's the last indoor session of the year. Let's make it a great one with lots of girls present and helping
- A snack and drink will be provided by Mason Lacrosse Club to those who stay and help instruct the youth players
- Tues- LIFTING 3:30~4:30
- Wed- IGNITION SAQ 4:30~5:45
- Thurs- LIFTING 2:30~3:30
- Lifting start time moved up one hour to accommodate early dismissal
I know this is Semester 1 Finals week, but these training sessions are perfect for taking short breaks away from studying. Participate in the team activities and you'll be revitalized to take on the challenge of your finals!
- Velocity and Kevo schedules will be coming out shortly. We start playing in January.
- As we enter our Winter Break, it's imperative that our MHS GLax student athletes keep up with their offseason training program by following the calendar located in their training booklet.
Lastly, I'd like to address why we take attendance at all our off-season events and functions. Every MHS Girls Lacrosse function that occurs in the off-season, is considered an optional event. These functions are coordinated for the benefit of the team and the student athlete. Their purpose ranges from additional playing time experiences, team bonding, strength training, team practices, injury prevention, speed development, skills building and volunteering.
Attendance is documented at these events for the simple fact of security for your daughter. Considering the Kyle Plush tragedy, certain protocol has been instituted by MHS to circumvent a similar or like situation. At all our off-season events, your daughter is encouraged to attend. If your daughter is unable to attend, she is expected to notify me by text or phone call that she will not be present. In this way, the coaching staff knows she will not attend and by association is documented elsewhere. If she is expected to attend an event but doesn't show, then we test, call and/or do whatever is necessary to confirm her safety. It sucks having to make all these last-minute calls so I urge your daughters to communicate their attendance or lack thereof.
Since the offseason training is always optional participation, mandated by the OHSAA and MHS Athletic Department, attendance is never used in the determination of team assignments. I can't stress this enough nor can I be any clearer, participating or not participating in our off-season training program has no bearing on the actual selection for 2020. The obvious result of nonparticipation in our off-season training events, is that your daughter will not be at the same playing level as her counterparts who have invested the time and effort. The only criteria we utilize to make team selections is what we observe and document during the tryout window starting February 24, 2020.
Don't hesitate if you have any questions.